This mornings workout was tough. I’m so out of shape but I’m glad *now* that I tackled it. My friend Teresa, who is awesome and on my team again, sent this little summary of our workout in an e-mail to a few friends. I’m reprinting it with her permission because it sums things up nicely. I’ll add my 2 cents in italics.
- Run 2 laps – my run was more of a quick walk. I’m not ready for running yet.
- Walking lunges-down the long hallway, sprint back. — lunges… noooooooooo!
Natalie introduces herself – she was very nice. i suspect that she is hiding her true identity!
- Dynamic warm up consisting of: (on a basketball court) high knees down and back, karaoke down and back, shuffle down and back, skipping for height down and back, run down and back. — I hate dynamic warm-ups. I need a warm up before the warm up!
- Get a drink – *pant pant*
- Run “Big” laps for 10 minutes to see how many you could do. Big laps consist of two staircases, mingling amongst the general public, and a bit of the track. – I managed 4 of these suckers (that is not great btw)
- Sit Ups — how many can you do in 1 minute. I did 25, but I didn’t get good all the way up sit ups in like Karen did. She rocked at this! — Teresa is being generous. Did I mention that she is a wonderful friend for a reason :-)
- Push Ups–how many can you do in 1 minute. I did 34. again, not great one, but they are what they are. – I did 22. A push up rock star I am not!
- Wall Sits–how long can you sit. 1 minute 40 seconds. I did 4 minutes 3 weeks ago. Not sure why I wimped out so much. — I did 1 minute, 1 second. Am now feeling light headed.
- Grass drills: Kind of like football drills. Lots of high knees, mountain climbers, jumping jacks, push ups etc. — moving from one to the next speedily. – Speedily is the operative word. I moved at the pace of cold tar.
- Sprints–down a long hallway 3 times (I made it twice and then realized I missed one at the end so I did another at the end) — sprint? hahahaha.
So there you have it, our first official day of class. It was killer but tomorrow promises to be more difficult. Can’t wait!